Cosplay and Weapons Policy
The Promoters of Ranger Station all started as cosplayers so we understand how important the perfect prop is to completing a cosplay. With that said, we ask that all cosplayers keep Safety in mind, as we want to maintain a morphinonminal and secure environment. Please read this policy in full and follow the rules! If you violate this policy, you could be asked to leave Ranger Station without a refund.
Any weapon that could seriously hurt somebody is not allowed. Specifically, but not limited to:
- Functional firearms – that includes paintball, airsoft, bb guns, cap guns, any gun that shoots a real projectile or causes a real explosion.
- Realistic firearms – any gun that could be confused for a real gun. If it looks like a real gun, it cannot come into Ranger Station. Realistic prop guns with brightly-colored caps are not allowed.
- Prop weapons made of a hard material such as metal, wood, or glass
- Functional projectile weapons – any weapon (crossbow, slingshot, etc) that discharges a projectile
- Metal-bladed weapons
- Blunt weapons like bats, clubs, or hockey sticks
- Loud props such as whistles, horns, etc.
Prop weapons are allowed into Ranger Station as long as they meet the following criteria; that they are composed of cardboard, foam, something light. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips and will not be shot. Props will be allowed at the discretion of Ranger Station staff and security personnel.
Panel Room Policy
If you attend a panel and wish to attend the next panel, you will need to exit the room and enter the queue that is designated for the upcoming panel. No cutting in line. No holding spots in line for others. VIPs must be in line 15 minutes before seating begins to use their priority seating benefit for panel rooms that will be cleared. VIP Ticket holders will be seated first-come-first-serve in the VIP section of each panel room.
Anti- Harassment Policy
Just like the Power Ranger Teams are all inclusive, Ranger Station is fostering this type of atmosphere at the convention and has a zero tolerance policy for harassment of any kind. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Violation of this policy will result in removal from the event.
Remember: Cosplay is not consent. Please be respectful and kind to each other. If you would like to take a picture with or of another Ranger Station Attendee, always ask first and respect that person’s right to say no.
Should you feel like you are being harassed in anyway, please find the nearest staff or security member so that a report can be made.
Professional Photo-OP Policy
A professional photo is taken by a professional photographer. Our professional photographer will take and print an 8×10 photo of you and celebrity guest(s) onsite and in front of a backdrop.
- Please have your photo op ticket ready while you are in line, BEFORE you enter the photo-op area.
- Lines for photo-ops start 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Lines will be maintained by Ranger Station staff. Any lines created prior to 15 minutes before the scheduled photo-op start time are not “official” and will not determine your place in line.
- When you are in the photo-op area, personal photos and videos are strictly prohibited. Selfies are not allowed.
- If you have items that you do not want to be in the photo, please place them on the designated table/area when you enter the photo-op room.
- If you want to do a special pose, please be prepared before entering the photo-op room. The celebrity guest has the right to refuse to participate in a special pose.
- Please remove glasses as you enter the photo op area; they can reflect the lights and potentially ruin your photo.
- Be respectful to all celebrity guests in the photo-op room, and please be respectful to other fans while in line. Try to move quickly through the line as there are other people waiting behind you. Do not ask for autographs or give gifts to the celebrity guests in the photo-op room. Photo Ops are NOTa meet & greet opportunity with a celebrity.
- Photo Ops do NOT include an autograph
- Photos will be available for pick-up within 1 hour of the end of the session. Please check frequently for photos as they are usually done earlier.
- Photos are for personal use ONLY. They are subject to copyright and cannot be sold to a third party or altered in any way.
- If you have special needs, please speak to Ranger Station staff for assistance.
- Photo op tickets are sold separately from autographs. Autographs can be paid for at the guest’s autograph booth. Photo op tickets will only be sold online or at the registration desk if not sold out online.
- Up to two Adults and 2 children can be in each photo with one photo op ticket. In some cases for an additional charge more adults can be added.
- If you have a VIP pass, you must be in the VIP line 10 minutes prior to the photo op session’s start time or you will need to go into the general photo op line.
- Please do not worry, we have each guest carefully scheduled and we are only selling the appropriate amount of photo ops for the amount of time we have.
- Most importantly have fun!!!
GUEST & ARTIST POLICY
All information regarding attendance, appearance times & fees, photo opportunities and signatures of Celebrity Guests, Cosplayers, Artists & Writers to Ranger Station are subject to change at any time. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) incurred by any person whatsoever arising out of or referable to the information on this website or accessed through this website.